After a (far too) long time waiting, FireBreath 1.6.0 has been released and is now officially considered stable. There are only a few really minor changes since 1.6.0RC2 and no breaking changes from the 1.5 branch.
For the full list of changes since 1.5, please see the Version History page.
Changes since 1.6.0RC2
- Fixed a compile error in log4cplus that cropped up in some really unusual cases on Mac
- Removed the "main" entrypoint on Mac – this used to be required for Firefox support, but not since before 3.0, so it is unneccesary
- This fixes the build error some were having with XCode 4.2
- Fixed - FIREBREATH-134Getting issue details... STATUS : Missing include file affecting the HTTPService library under VS express
- Fixed an intermittent bug in the PluginWindowlessWin class which occasionally caused the loss of resize events
We sincerely apologize for the lengthy delay between RC1 and RC2. The final release of 1.6.0 should be next week, barring anyone reporting a major issue.
Key changes since 1.6.0rc1
- FireBreath now requires CMake 2.8.5 or later on Mac OS X.
FIREBREATH-128Getting issue details...
- Now works on Safari 5.1 on windows (workaround for Safari dropping an NPAPI API)
Other changes since 1.6.0rc1:
- - FIREBREATH-115Getting issue details... STATUS
- Added FB_OPTIMIZE flag to allow optimizing for size or speed (only supported on windows, currently)
- Added CarbonToNPCocoaEvent for converting carbon events to cocoa events to simplify your event handling code on mac
- - FIREBREATH-120Getting issue details... STATUS - fix to work with older versions of gtk
- Fix to work with newer versions of boost
- - FIREBREATH-124Getting issue details... STATUS
- - FIREBREATH-126Getting issue details... STATUS - Add modifier to mouse messages
- - FIREBREATH-127Getting issue details... STATUS
- - FIREBREATH-129Getting issue details... STATUS
- - FIREBREATH-121Getting issue details... STATUS - Plugin version number now used by default everywhere
- - FIREBREATH-130Getting issue details... STATUS - added BrowserHost::Navigate for opening a url in a new window
- - FIREBREATH-123Getting issue details... STATUS - Added SynchronousPost method to SimpleStreamHelper