- CMake version 2.8.7 or later: http://www.cmake.org/cmake/resources/software.html
- Make sure to grab the Binary distribution (cmake-ver-win32-x86.exe).
- The Cygwin version of CMake does not work, but you can use the Windows version from inside Cygwin.
- When asked, tell the installer to add cmake to your system path
- Visual Studio 2005, 2008 or 2010 (full or express versions)
- To build with VC++ express editions, read this: Building with Visual Studio Express
- Git (if you want to check out from source): http://git-scm.com/
- Git Extensions is a fantastic Git GUI for windows that comes with Git binaries
- Wget or Curl (for the automatic boost download, if you're not using git)
Get the source
First thing is first; get the source code.