If you have found FireBreath to be useful, PLEASE take the time to fill out a quick Usage Survey. This is the easiest and best way for us to understand how FireBreath is being used and what its users need!
Getting Started with FireBreath
Welcome to all potential new users! Feel free to look around, read about our project, and enjoy a world where creating browser plugins is actually easy.
Resources most likely to be of use to new users:
- Downloads page - Get the latest and greatest
- Getting Started page - Documentation and video tutorials for those just learning about FireBreath
- Using FireBreath page - Documentation for those who are using FireBreath and want to learn more
- FireBreath Class Reference - Reference documentation for every object or function you will be calling from your FireBreath plugin
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Best Practices - suggestions from the development team!
- Tips and Tricks - Useful tricks that haven't found a home elsewhere
- Live Chat - We're usually in the #firebreath IRC room which you can join from your web browser using this page!
NOTE: All documentation on this website is in Wiki format and can be edited by any user! If the docs aren't clear, please help us fix them!
If you find FireBreath to be useful, please help defray our server costs and support development!
Please take a minute to visit our sponsors! These are companies or projects that have contributed significantly to FireBreath either monetarily, with code, or with experience. These organizations are also using FireBreath in some way.
Richard Bateman, the current project manager and primary developer of FireBreath, is employed by and working on a FireBreath plugin for Facebook who has donated a lot of code and features to the project.
Mogotest is a great new service for Web developers that can detect cross-browser render differences on multiple browsers and operating systems. It utilizes a FireBreath plugin behind the scenes! Mogotest has assisted with the FireBreath project by providing testing, suggestions, and development tools for the core developers.