FireBreath 1.6.0 Release Candidate 1 is released! Sorry this has taken so long, but I've been really really busy lately. This release is already in production with a couple of companies so it should be in pretty good shape, but we'll give it the standard RC phase because I'm sure there is something we missed – likely small =]
There are no breaking changes between 1.5 and 1.6!
We hope this makes all of you as happy as it does those of us who have worked hard to keep it this way =]
Most noteworthy changes:
- Major (2-3 times) build time speed increase on Windows by enabling Precompiled Headers (PCH)
- Proxy detection support
- Fix for non-drawing plugins on Safari 5.1 (workaround for older versions: enable Cocoa and CoreGraphics)
- Improved UTF8 support
- Improved stability, particularly on Mac
- Better support for Firefox 4 and later
- Support for building against Mac OS X 10.7 SDK
See the full changelog on the Version History page!